The Photobook Club Murcia held their inaugural meetup just prior to Christmas, the following is a brief report and selection of images from organizer Gustavo Alemán. The next meetup will take place this coming Tuesday, the 22nd January.
Last December the first session of the Photobook Club Murcia was held in the library of CENDEAC. Between books, 14 people around a table had a great time debating photobooks.
We are really happy with the success of our first session, and we hope the next ones will be at least as succesful.
The books we discussed were:
– “Dive Dark Dream Slow” Melisa Catanese (ed)
– “Cantos del Desierto” Richard Misrach
– “Deja Vu” Ralph Gibson
– “Infinito” David Jiménez
– “Album” Roberto Koch
– “El paraíso de los creyentes” Alberto García-Alix
– “Nubes de un cielo que no cambia” Ricky Dávila
– “The Family of Man” Edward Steichen (ed)
– “Bright bright day” Andrey Tarkovsky
– “Forget me not” Bernard Plossu
– “Deriva” Paco Sánchez
– “Gigante Roja nº 0” Ramón Romero (ed)
– “Estos y otros lugares” David Jiménez
The next session will be NEXT TUESDAY 22d JANUARY in CENDEAC at 19h. We hope to see you there!
– Gustavo Alemán