As part of the festivities Doug Spowart and Victoria Cooper are organising for World Photobook day in Brisbane, they are asking for participation from photobook lovers the world over. Here is how you can get involved…
Throughout the day at MAUD CREATIVE we will present an exhibition featuring the covers of the favourite photobooks selected by photographers from all over the country. Alongside the print of the photobook cover will be a ‘Why I like this book’ statement and a portrait of the photographer reading the book in their favourite place.
To participate in this exhibition all you need to do is contribute by sending to us the following:
- A photo of your favourite photobook’s cover
- A photo of you reading the book in a place special to you – in bed, a comfy chair, in the backyard under a tree, at work or in a bath!! (A photobook selfie)
- A few words, a paragraph (or two) maybe, as to why you like this book
You can use any technology to make the photos and any style or no-style – keep it as simple or as complex as you like.
We will print out these photos and your statement and Blu-tacked to the gallery wall for the duration of the World Photobook Day’s activities. This material may also be formed into a print-on-demand photobook as a record of the event. The book cover images may be selected for inclusion in a photobook-making project that will take place on the day. Some images and texts may be used on social media to celebrate the event.
Should you accept our invitation we will need:
- Your book cover and portrait photos
- JPEGS @ 300ppi, compression ‘8’
- Image size around 13x18cm
- The text file can be a Microsoft Word or a text file written into the email
Email images and text to <mailto:Greatdivide@a1.com.au> by Sunday, October 11, 2015.
Cheers , Doug