About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Failed to update from Twitter!
- Jonathan_Worth: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- mjohnstonmedia: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- ImogenWall1: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- View All
Tag Archives: photobooks
The box of books has been spending time in Tokyo, Canberra and Melbourne recently, the 13th, 14th and 15th stops on it’s world tour. If you haven’t yet gotten to the box, there might still be time – check out … Continue reading
Great news for photobook enthusiasts in Belfast as the Photobook Club run at Belfast Exposed by Hannah Watson has two events coming up, the first of which is tomorrow! For more information, contact Hannah on this email address Thursday 7th … Continue reading
The inaugural World Photobook Day was instigated by the Photobook Club Madrid but quickly became a collaboration between many Photobook Club branches, publishers, bloggers, writers and photographers. The love shown by photobook enthusiasts was quite incredible and bodes well for … Continue reading
” Rock Your Dummy! ” Exhibition 15-17 November 2013 Deadline Thursday 5 November 2O13 The Photobook Club network and Food For Your Eyes invite you to submit your photobook dummy to feature in ” Rock Your Dummy! “, an … Continue reading
In June of 2013 I was invited to present the Photobook Club at the ELIA ‘Preparing the Artist of Tomorrow’ conference held in Utrecht and Amsterdam. I spoke about the projects birth, how it has enhanced my students learning and … Continue reading
The photobook is beautiful. But the photobook is flawed and constrained. These constraints and limitations lead to imaginative solutions on behalf of both the maker and reader, it is surely much of the reason we enjoy it. It is also … Continue reading
On October 14th you might find your local PBC branch holding a special meeting to mark the birth of the photobook back in 1843. If you do not live in a city with a PBC, why not grab that book … Continue reading
In connection with the new Library of Birmingham, curator and photobook enthusiast Claire Reece has installed an exhibition of book works exploring narrative structures. The exhibition includes works by Broomberg and Chanarin, Stephen Gill, Melinda Gibson, Mishka Henner and many … Continue reading