About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Tag Archives: photobooks
Whopppaateee! Lot’s of people came to visit the kickoff meeting of the Reykjavík Photobook Club. We briefly introduced the phenomenon ‘photobook’ and ‘photobook club’ and than we enjoyed a bunch of nice books that people brought along. Unnamed Roads from Jungjin Lee, … Continue reading
Great news from Iceland in the form of the first meeting of the Photobook Club Reykjavik. Information on the branch and on their innaugral meeting is shown below… twitter: @photobookrvk email: firstname.lastname@example.org facebook: www.facebook.com/photobookclubreykjavik location (at least for first meeting): Samband íslenskra … Continue reading
Really fantastic to see a Comic Book Club launch in Coventry recently. The club, which has already met several times was founded and is run by Nadhirah Nadzri and Charlie Smith-McMahon. Really excited to run a joint club with Nadhirah … Continue reading
The Natural Collection call only went up around 2 weeks ago but already the books that have arrived are in demand and will be travelling with me to a book club event at the University of Hertfordshire. Students there are … Continue reading
The folks at Scopio have initiated a photobook contest with a theme that both sets a guide and gives freedom for exploration and perhaps destruction. You can find all the relevant details by clicking on the image below. In other … Continue reading
There are some fantastic photobook collections the world over – collections that focus on indie or handmade books, collections that are driven by rarity and monetary value, collections based on location and many based on specific events or happenings. The … Continue reading
I am chuffed to be a part of this awesome celebration of printed photobookworks that will take place in Riga, latvia this May. ‘Self Publish Riga’ is part of Riga Photomonth 2014 and will be a really vibrant event running … Continue reading