About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Tag Archives: photobooks
Great news from Thousandfold in Manila, Philippines who will be celebrating the anniversary of the first photobook with book launches, an inaugural photobook club meeting and a bunch more. You can find out about the event and RSVP here… Along … Continue reading
Rikard Osterlund and Tracey Affleck have just launched the Photobook Club Rocherster with an opening night on October 15th at INTRA. The event is free but sign up required here. More information from Rikard below… Come along to an informal … Continue reading
The day is almost upon us – October 14th, World Photobook Day. For the past few years all sorts of events have taken place to mark the anniversary of Anna Atkins ‘Photographs of British Algae’ and the birth of the … Continue reading
Really excited to be running a workshop with Daniel Donnelly in Casablanca this September (4th – 6th) for locals, both professional, amateur and interested. The 3 day workshop will focus on connecting with an audience through edit and design but … Continue reading
Great to hear about this experimental workshop and reading session in Barreiro that looks to explore links between photography and dance. Thanks to Sofia Matos for the report and images… 24st may | Auditório Municipal Augusto Cabrita Studies for the Impossible … Continue reading
Whopppaateee! Lot’s of people came to visit the kickoff meeting of the Reykjavík Photobook Club. We briefly introduced the phenomenon ‘photobook’ and ‘photobook club’ and than we enjoyed a bunch of nice books that people brought along. Unnamed Roads from Jungjin Lee, … Continue reading
Great news from Iceland in the form of the first meeting of the Photobook Club Reykjavik. Information on the branch and on their innaugral meeting is shown below… twitter: @photobookrvk email: email@example.com facebook: www.facebook.com/photobookclubreykjavik location (at least for first meeting): Samband íslenskra … Continue reading