About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Failed to update from Twitter!
- Jonathan_Worth: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- mjohnstonmedia: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- ImogenWall1: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- View All
Tag Archives: photobook club
In June of 2013 I was invited to present the Photobook Club at the ELIA ‘Preparing the Artist of Tomorrow’ conference held in Utrecht and Amsterdam. I spoke about the projects birth, how it has enhanced my students learning and … Continue reading
News from Neil Satori who is setting up a Photobook Club branch in Dunnedin, NZ: Welcome to the PHOTO BOOK CLUB Dunedin! The PHOTO BOOK CLUB Dunedin has been initiated by Neil Satori of Neil Satori Brand, film photographer and … Continue reading
Something awesome is coming to Paris this November! It involves books, photography, and a whole bunch of great folks, and no it isn’t Paris Photo or Offprint Paris. There will be more details soon from the Photobook Club Paris and … Continue reading
I was very fortunate to be invited by the organizers of the Photobook Club Amsterdam – Shirley Agudo and Taco Hidde Bakker to attend their second meetup last month. Already there is a great deal of interest in this branch … Continue reading
Thanks to Pablo Porlan of the Photobook Club Paris for sending through the following: Hello! Here you can have a look to the chronicles (in French) from the third reunion of Le Paris Photobook Club. The theme for this 3rd … Continue reading
The Photobook Club London launched last Wednesday at Ti Pi Tin book store, this event was co-organized by Tom Wade and Sean McDonnell with the support of other members of the PBC London and Katja Chernova of Ti Pi Tin. … Continue reading
The Photobook Club returns to it’s roots and the city in which it was born – LONDON! The Photobook Club London’s first event is this coming Wednesday 1st May at the fantastic Ti Pi Tin in the Dalston area. There … Continue reading
Thanks to Taco Hidde Bakker (who runs the PBC Amsterdam along with Shirley Agudo) for this report from the Photobook Club Amsterdam’s inaugural event, complete with some images… A short update from the Photobook Club Amsterdam front. Last thursday we … Continue reading