About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Tag Archives: photobook club
Rikard Osterlund and Tracey Affleck have just launched the Photobook Club Rocherster with an opening night on October 15th at INTRA. The event is free but sign up required here. More information from Rikard below… Come along to an informal … Continue reading
News from one of the longest running Photobook Club branches via Markus Furgber… Today we had the 12th meeting at Photobookclub Barcelona. It was the last one organized by Jon Uriarte. Thank you very much, Jon. We had a lot … Continue reading
I am very pleased to have been working with the great folks at the ‘Hybrid Pedagogy Journal‘ recently on a piece I have written about the Photobook Club and it’s holistic approach to hybridity. My hope is that this piece … Continue reading
In June of 2013 I was invited to present the Photobook Club at the ELIA ‘Preparing the Artist of Tomorrow’ conference held in Utrecht and Amsterdam. I spoke about the projects birth, how it has enhanced my students learning and … Continue reading
News from Neil Satori who is setting up a Photobook Club branch in Dunnedin, NZ: Welcome to the PHOTO BOOK CLUB Dunedin! The PHOTO BOOK CLUB Dunedin has been initiated by Neil Satori of Neil Satori Brand, film photographer and … Continue reading
Something awesome is coming to Paris this November! It involves books, photography, and a whole bunch of great folks, and no it isn’t Paris Photo or Offprint Paris. There will be more details soon from the Photobook Club Paris and … Continue reading
I was very fortunate to be invited by the organizers of the Photobook Club Amsterdam – Shirley Agudo and Taco Hidde Bakker to attend their second meetup last month. Already there is a great deal of interest in this branch … Continue reading