About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Tag Archives: photobook club
The Photobook Club London launched last Wednesday at Ti Pi Tin book store, this event was co-organized by Tom Wade and Sean McDonnell with the support of other members of the PBC London and Katja Chernova of Ti Pi Tin. … Continue reading
The Photobook Club returns to it’s roots and the city in which it was born – LONDON! The Photobook Club London’s first event is this coming Wednesday 1st May at the fantastic Ti Pi Tin in the Dalston area. There … Continue reading
Thanks to Taco Hidde Bakker (who runs the PBC Amsterdam along with Shirley Agudo) for this report from the Photobook Club Amsterdam’s inaugural event, complete with some images… A short update from the Photobook Club Amsterdam front. Last thursday we … Continue reading
Awesome news from Pablo Porlan who, together with Emilie Hallard has set up the Photobook Club Paris. They will hold their first meetup on Sunday 28th April at Le Bar Florèal in Paris. There is more information (in French) here, … Continue reading
The ‘Box of Books‘ has just made it’s 4th stop off at a Photobook Cub event, this time in Coimbra before it heads on to PBC Porto and PBC Barreiro. You can see images from this the Coimbra event below … Continue reading
I held the first official Photobook Club meetup in London back in late 2011. I can’t say quite how nervous I felt waiting to see if anyone would actually show up, before this point the Photobook Club had lived online … Continue reading
The newly formed Photobook Club Belfast run by Laura McMorrow at the awesome Belfast Exposed Gallery held it’s first meetup just this weekend with a great turnout and some sweet books brought along. Looks like more will be planned some … Continue reading