About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
- gloves4dummies: RT @PBCMadrid: 'Box of Books' TODAY Madrid @es_RSF 19.30h Books travel, #BoxOfBooks, too. #photobc http://t.co/gbPrGR8Pwv http://t.co/WAfSAfCMs6 »
- PBCMadrid: 'Box of Books' TODAY Madrid @es_RSF 19.30h Books travel, #BoxOfBooks, too. #photobc http://t.co/gbPrGR8Pwv http://t.co/WAfSAfCMs6 »
- PBCMadrid: 'Box of Books' HOY @es_RSF 19.30h Los libros viajan, las cajas de libros, también. #photobc http://t.co/gbPrGR8Pwv http://t.co/WAfSAfCMs6 »
- View All
Tag Archives: paul graham
A really busy and enjoyable month looking at this great book with a whole bunch of contributors to whom I am extremely thankful for making it such a vibrant and lively discussion. As always, you can find the summary of … Continue reading
In my most recent post, introducing Paul Graham’s other publications, I made a blunder in not including ‘Paintings, a series of images showing scrawls, pictures and scratches in toilets stalls published in 2000.
Some of the images from the series can be seen on Graham’s website here. And I am extremely thankful to Tom Claxton of Claxton Projects for getting in touch regarding this book, and also for very kindly supplying the images below of the book spreads – thanks Tom!
Having just posted a big ol’ list of Graham’s other publications, NY-based photographer and writer Adam bell got in touch to offer his own review of the book which I have yet to see. From Adam: “I thought you might … Continue reading
‘A1: The Great North Road’ was Paul Graham’s first monograph (self-published in 1983) but was by no means his last. The following 4 years saw two more books published in almost Identical design under Grey Editions. In 1990 Graham took … Continue reading
Thanks go to photographer Adele Reed for sharing her thoughts on Paul Graham’s ‘A1: The Great North Road’. If you would like to share your own thoughts on this book, do so in the comments section below or to me … Continue reading
The A1 road for those who know it, or know the book, doesn’t exactly conjure up thoughts of a road trip or road trip aesthetic. There are no dessert vista’s here, no vast stretches of road ahead and behind. This … Continue reading
After looking at Phil Coomes’ ‘Recession Road’, I would like to share another project which retraces (to an extent) the footsteps of Paul Graham. My thanks to Sebastian Arthur Hau for pointing me in the direction of this project by … Continue reading
Really pleased to be sharing this reflection on the Photobook Club! Just the other day we looked at a road trip taken by the BBC’s Phil Coomes and Paula Dear which referenced Paul Graham’s book, now a big thanks to … Continue reading