About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Tag Archives: new york
Below is the invitation for the Photobook Club New York’s end-of-year meetup; a time to reflect on the photobooks of 2012 and enjoy a drink with other photobook lovers. All details and to RSVP visit the event page on Facebook … Continue reading
See below poster from more info… Just received a message from Photobook Club NY organizer and all round photobook-force-for-good Helka Aleksdottir about an awesome event called 10X10 Japanese photobooks which is being supported by the ICP Library and the Photobook … Continue reading
This past weekend the Photobook Club New York held their third meetup, this time themed around the Japanese photobook with some fantastic, rare, and fantastically rare books being shown and shared by the group. Luckily for all who could not … Continue reading
A quick update looking at recent events and then looking forward to what’s next on the Photobook Club… ‘The Geneology of the Photobook’ – I wrote a short piece recently for the Shpilman Institute blog on recent adventures into iBook … Continue reading
Saturday just gone saw the second New York Photobook Meetup organized by the wonderful Helka Aleksdóttir and featuring none other than Ken Schles (with whom we spent a great month last year looking at ‘Invisible City’). As if this wasn’t … Continue reading
After the success of the inaugural PBCNY meeting in Febrauary, Helka Aleksdóttir has arranged meetup #2 which will take place on the 21st April at the InDi-go-CuBe, Long Island City. I am especially envious of this meetup as Ken Schles … Continue reading
Just a quick reminder to anyone who is in Madrid on Tuesday night and loves photobooks, get yourself to the inaugural Photo Book Club Madrid event. All the details can be found at the bottom of this post in Spanish … Continue reading