About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Tag Archives: meetup
Great news from Iceland in the form of the first meeting of the Photobook Club Reykjavik. Information on the branch and on their innaugral meeting is shown below… twitter: @photobookrvk email: firstname.lastname@example.org facebook: www.facebook.com/photobookclubreykjavik location (at least for first meeting): Samband íslenskra … Continue reading
A note from Hannah at Belfast Exposed on their upcoming event: Self-publishing artist Paul Gaffney will be taking over the next edition of Photobook Club Belfast. Gaffney will present a range of works that have influenced the concept and design … Continue reading
Great to hear recently from Jose Carlos Robles of the Photobook Club Alicante in Spain… I’m delighted to tell you that we are running this month our sixth meeting, great news for us. We are very happy because the Contemporary … Continue reading
In connection with the new Library of Birmingham, curator and photobook enthusiast Claire Reece has installed an exhibition of book works exploring narrative structures. The exhibition includes works by Broomberg and Chanarin, Stephen Gill, Melinda Gibson, Mishka Henner and many … Continue reading
Thanks to Tono Arias of the Photobook Club Galicia and Yoshikatsu Fujii of the Photobook Club Tokyo who have sent through images from their latest meetups. Especial congratulations to Galicia as this was their inaugural meetup! PBC Galicia PBC Tokyo … Continue reading
The Photobook Club San Sebastian’s inaugural event was a huge success with a great turnout and fantastic selection of photobooks, new and old. Big shout to organizer Yosigo Yosigo who also put together this wee trailer/teaser from the event and … Continue reading
The Photobook Club Melbourne, organized by Stephanie Richter at the Monash Gallery of Art will hold their inaugural meetup on the 19th February. This event is free to all and will be the first in a series of 5 meetups … Continue reading