About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Failed to update from Twitter!
- Jonathan_Worth: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- mjohnstonmedia: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- ImogenWall1: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- View All
Tag Archives: matt johnston
I am very pleased to have been working with the great folks at the ‘Hybrid Pedagogy Journal‘ recently on a piece I have written about the Photobook Club and it’s holistic approach to hybridity. My hope is that this piece … Continue reading
As has been the case for the last few years I have produced this list, I am not really bothered if the books were made in 2013 or not – I just don’t spend a great deal of time with … Continue reading
Dear all, For a while now I have been working with photographer Nathan Pearce to edit his ‘Midwest Dirt‘ project into what will be a photobook towards the Autumn of this year. Nathan is seeking a modest amount of funding … Continue reading
Next week I will be in Amsterdam to talk at the ELIA ‘Preparing the Artist of Tomorrow’ conference in Utrecht and Amsterdam so if anyone else is by chance (and I realise it is a small chance) going to be … Continue reading
Those of you who remember (and those of you who do not), last year I mentioned I would not enter into the ‘best of’ bonanza before proceeding to do just that by selecting 5 photobooks that had stood out to … Continue reading
This really should not have taken as long as it has, and for that my apologies. I often stress that accessibility is of paramount importance to me and The Photobook Club so was well aware that in publishing the Invisible … Continue reading
A quick update looking at recent events and then looking forward to what’s next on the Photobook Club… ‘The Geneology of the Photobook’ – I wrote a short piece recently for the Shpilman Institute blog on recent adventures into iBook … Continue reading
A really busy and enjoyable month looking at this great book with a whole bunch of contributors to whom I am extremely thankful for making it such a vibrant and lively discussion. As always, you can find the summary of … Continue reading