About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
- paconavamuel: RT @PBCMadrid: The change of the guard of the #BoxOfBooks from Madrid to @PhotobookClubTo, @paconavamuel carry it with him #photobc http://t.co/51fnDxZJib »
- PBCMadrid: RT @PhotobookClubTo: Ya está en nuestro poder la Box of Books #BoxOfBooks #PhotoBCMad #photobc #photobcto http://t.co/a39WtNQqRO »
- PBCMadrid: The change of the guard of the #BoxOfBooks from Madrid to @PhotobookClubTo, @paconavamuel carry it with him #photobc http://t.co/51fnDxZJib »
- View All
Tag Archives: history
In 2009, ‘traff’ of the Culture Republic blog said that: It would be an interesting exercise to make the journey in current times and see what changes have been wrought. One would imagine there would be new freeways, big box … Continue reading
I have been thinking a little about memory lately (I can partly blame Ken Schles’ talk here) and have enjoyed seeing posts regarding the Google ‘Visually Similar Images‘ search. I was also casting an eye over the Galata Bridge experiment … Continue reading
While we have only been looking at ‘Invisible City’, Ken Schles’ other books are just as highly regarded, helping make Ken one of the most important photobook authors around. Ken’s latest book ‘Oculus’ is listed below alongside an in-depth video … Continue reading
The History In June, 1955, Robert Frank purchased a five year-old Ford Business Coupe in New York, this purchase would signal the start of a road trip, that would first see the Swiss-born photographer drive alone to Detroit, then in … Continue reading