About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
- paconavamuel: RT @PBCMadrid: The change of the guard of the #BoxOfBooks from Madrid to @PhotobookClubTo, @paconavamuel carry it with him #photobc http://t.co/51fnDxZJib »
- PBCMadrid: RT @PhotobookClubTo: Ya está en nuestro poder la Box of Books #BoxOfBooks #PhotoBCMad #photobc #photobcto http://t.co/a39WtNQqRO »
- PBCMadrid: The change of the guard of the #BoxOfBooks from Madrid to @PhotobookClubTo, @paconavamuel carry it with him #photobc http://t.co/51fnDxZJib »
- View All
Tag Archives: films
Shortly after I posted the first ‘Food for thought’ which gave an introduction to Paul Graham’s work, Stan Banos of Reciprocity Failure commented on the amount (or rather lack of) criticism his more recent projects have been subjected to. This … Continue reading
A great resource for those interested in the original words that accompanied ‘The Valley’ as it was first exhibited at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. The interview with Terri Whitlock which was included in the catalogue will be … Continue reading
Here from cover to cover is Larry Sultan’s ‘The Valley’ for those who do not have access to a copy, and due to it’s limited number, this may be many of you. An extensive excerpt of the text that accompanies … Continue reading
Title The Valley Author Larry Sultan Publisher Scalo Publishers, 2005 From the publisher: Since 1988, Larry Sultan has returned time and again to photograph on porn sets in Los Angeles’s San Fernando Valley–the Silicon(e) Valley of the porn industry. But … Continue reading