About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Tag Archives: araki
A great month in December looking at Nobuyoshi Araki’s ‘Sentimental Journey’ and a big thanks to all who contributed. This is a rather late roundup of the events from December, but for those on the mailing list, you may have … Continue reading
From the moment you pick up Sentimental Journey, it feels like an occasion. Removing the bright red ‘diary’ from it’s slipcase creates an intimate viewing, I feel like I should ask permission before turning the first page. If we are … Continue reading
The following post by Wayne Ford can also be found on Wayne’s Posterous blog here. In the mid-1960s, Japanese photographer Nobuyoshi Araki began documenting his young wife through a highly personal and intimate series of photographs titled, My Wife Yoko … Continue reading
This great piece on Araki’s ‘Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey’ has come from Sean Davey, a photographer, one eighth of the ‘brokenbench’ collective and a Photo Book Club Meet-up organizer. – Thanks Sean! An Outsider’s View – A Personal reaction to … Continue reading
Below is a video exploring Araki’s contemporary practice as part of the video series ‘Contacts’ by Studio ARTE. And as a bonus – below that is an interview between last month’s featured artist Nan Goldin and Nobuyoshi Araki! Thanks to … Continue reading
Here, from cover to cover is Nobuyoshi Araki’s ‘A Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey’ for those who have not been able to see a copy. (My thanks to Coventry University Library for the loan of this copy) A beautiful object in … Continue reading