About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The box of dummies, which can be seen online here, is currently sitting around and waiting for a new destination – so if you fancy it heading your way, just drop me an email. The only thing needed, is to … Continue reading
Looking forward to Paris next week – will be stopping by Paris Photo, Offprint, Le Photobook Fest and more. Would love to catch up with anyone else in town and also keen to see new works or just chat photobooks/projects. … Continue reading
Huddersfield Had a fantastic day at the University of Huddersfield with photography students this week, speaking about the photobook as a form of communication and giving some practical help to students working on books. Was great to see photobooks in … Continue reading
“This is our mission! A museum for the people, not only for collectors and photographers.” Introducing The PhotobookMuseum ! http://thephotobookmuseum.com from Markus Schaden on Vimeo. Markus Schaden and his Photobook Museum is doing some really interesting things with the photobook … Continue reading
A huge thanks to everyone who has got involved in any way with the Photobook Club over this past year, I shan’t turn this into a year-end soliloquy, just to say thanks and that it has been a really fun … Continue reading
My thanks to New Zealand based photographer Shelley Jacobson for sharing this reflection on Power’s ’26 Different Endings’. If you enjoy this text, please check out Shelley’s thesis on temporal landscapes which can be read online here. 26 Different Endings … Continue reading
In November we will be looking at Nobuyoshi Araki’s, ‘Diary, A Sentimental Journey/Winter Journey’ ( This is the 1991 version which features both the original 1971 ‘Sentimental Journey’ and ‘Winter Journey’ images from 1990). We will shortly post a video … Continue reading