About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Category Archives: REFLECTION
I spent the first weekend of the month running a Photobook workshop in Casablanca, Morocco with a great group of students. Some of these participants were photographers, some had studied at art schools, some were passionate amateurs but all were … Continue reading
As has been the case for the last few years I have produced this list, I am not really bothered if the books were made in 2013 or not – I just don’t spend a great deal of time with … Continue reading
Those of you who remember (and those of you who do not), last year I mentioned I would not enter into the ‘best of’ bonanza before proceeding to do just that by selecting 5 photobooks that had stood out to … Continue reading
My thanks to New Zealand based photographer Shelley Jacobson for sharing this reflection on Power’s ’26 Different Endings’. If you enjoy this text, please check out Shelley’s thesis on temporal landscapes which can be read online here. 26 Different Endings … Continue reading
Thanks to Tom Morris for not only writing this personal reflection but also for nominating this book for s to look at over the course of October. If you want to suggest a book for us to look at, get … Continue reading
Thanks go to photographer Adele Reed for sharing her thoughts on Paul Graham’s ‘A1: The Great North Road’. If you would like to share your own thoughts on this book, do so in the comments section below or to me … Continue reading
After looking at Phil Coomes’ ‘Recession Road’, I would like to share another project which retraces (to an extent) the footsteps of Paul Graham. My thanks to Sebastian Arthur Hau for pointing me in the direction of this project by … Continue reading
Really pleased to be sharing this reflection on the Photobook Club! Just the other day we looked at a road trip taken by the BBC’s Phil Coomes and Paula Dear which referenced Paul Graham’s book, now a big thanks to … Continue reading