About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Failed to update from Twitter!
- Jonathan_Worth: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- mjohnstonmedia: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- ImogenWall1: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- View All
Category Archives: NEWS
The box of books has been spending time in Tokyo, Canberra and Melbourne recently, the 13th, 14th and 15th stops on it’s world tour. If you haven’t yet gotten to the box, there might still be time – check out … Continue reading
It is not enough anymore to review Paris Photo. With the addition of Offprint, and this year – Le PhotobookFest, a complete review of the city is needed. I am not the person to provide this complete and unbiased view … Continue reading
Just a quick message, I am headed to Paris this Friday for Le PhotobookFest and a quick browse of Offprint Paris until Monday. There is an awesome set of events over at Le PhotobookFest, plus they have a bar/coffee space … Continue reading
The inaugural World Photobook Day was instigated by the Photobook Club Madrid but quickly became a collaboration between many Photobook Club branches, publishers, bloggers, writers and photographers. The love shown by photobook enthusiasts was quite incredible and bodes well for … Continue reading
Great news from Angel Luis Duarte Sastre about an event on Monday which will see the launch of a new regularly meeting branch.. Finally we’ve the pleasure to announce that the Photobook Club Campo de Gibraltar will start activities next Monday 14′oct on … Continue reading
World Photobook Day, instigated by the hardworking and generous folks who run the Photobook Club Madrid (Bonifacio Barrio, Juan Cires and Ricardo Garrido) has acted as a catalyst for new cities to launch book clubs and gauge interest for the … Continue reading
” Rock Your Dummy! ” Exhibition 15-17 November 2013 Deadline Thursday 5 November 2O13 The Photobook Club network and Food For Your Eyes invite you to submit your photobook dummy to feature in ” Rock Your Dummy! “, an … Continue reading
Le PhotobookFest is a 3 days event with a focus on the photobook, from Friday 15 to Sunday 17 November 2013 in Paris. Launched by the Paris Photobook Club, this first edition mainly supports the young publishing scene with independent publishing houses … Continue reading