About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Category Archives: NEWS
Really fantastic to see a Comic Book Club launch in Coventry recently. The club, which has already met several times was founded and is run by Nadhirah Nadzri and Charlie Smith-McMahon. Really excited to run a joint club with Nadhirah … Continue reading
Great news from Mariela Sancari of the Photobook Club Mexico City… We had our first meeting a couple of days ago! It was really good! We still have to adjust some logistics details but it was great. We had Alex … Continue reading
Huddersfield Had a fantastic day at the University of Huddersfield with photography students this week, speaking about the photobook as a form of communication and giving some practical help to students working on books. Was great to see photobooks in … Continue reading
While this chat I recently had with Ben Krewinkel mostly focused on methodology and importance of conversation in the image making process, it still may be of interest for some who have seen ‘A Possible Life; Conversations with Gaulbert‘… A conversation … Continue reading
I am really excited to announce that the Photobook Club’s ‘Natural Collection’ which now includes over 40 books, will be heading to the Monash Gallery of Art in Australia to be displayed as part of the ‘Light Reading’ exhibition and … Continue reading
I was asked recently to provide a report from the field for the Fall issue of Aperture’s ‘Photobook Review’. The report sits alongside the likes of Larissa Leclair, Markus Schaden and Rebecca Senf and talks mostly about the need to expand our community to … Continue reading
Just a brief post to say thanks to all who made #PhotoBookDay a huge success across the world with more events, discounts and musings than last year. Plus a shout out to all who came to the event in Coventry … Continue reading