About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Category Archives: MEET-UPS
The Box of Dummies, which has been touring for over 6 months now, will be in Alicante on April 8th with the Photobook Club Alicante and the Photobook Club Granada at the Contemporary Art Museum of Alicante. If you can … Continue reading
Really fantastic to see a Comic Book Club launch in Coventry recently. The club, which has already met several times was founded and is run by Nadhirah Nadzri and Charlie Smith-McMahon. Really excited to run a joint club with Nadhirah … Continue reading
Great news from Mariela Sancari of the Photobook Club Mexico City… We had our first meeting a couple of days ago! It was really good! We still have to adjust some logistics details but it was great. We had Alex … Continue reading
Thanks to Jim Reed for the following report and notice of next meeting’s activities (Dec 17). If you are in the vicinity – maybe Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham etc, this is a great location. Our meet on the 26th November, we looked … Continue reading
Thanks to the PBC Auckland’s organiser Anita Totha for sending through this report form a recent event along with some images… “Photobook Club Auckland held a great evening with the Asia-Pacific Photobook Archive. Founder Daniel Boetker-Smith paid us a visit … Continue reading
Thanks to Eneka Fernandez for sharing some thoughts after the first meeting of the Photobook Club Lima and also for sending through a few images… Hi Matt I want to tell you about our first Photobook Club Lima. It was … Continue reading
Just a brief post to say thanks to all who made #PhotoBookDay a huge success across the world with more events, discounts and musings than last year. Plus a shout out to all who came to the event in Coventry … Continue reading