About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Category Archives: EVENTS
Thanks to the PBC Auckland’s organiser Anita Totha for sending through this report form a recent event along with some images… “Photobook Club Auckland held a great evening with the Asia-Pacific Photobook Archive. Founder Daniel Boetker-Smith paid us a visit … Continue reading
Thanks to Eneka Fernandez for sharing some thoughts after the first meeting of the Photobook Club Lima and also for sending through a few images… Hi Matt I want to tell you about our first Photobook Club Lima. It was … Continue reading
Jim Reed is the organiser of a new British branch of the Photobook Club that will meet around the M1 Junction 29 area – we wondered whether there should be a road theme to the meetings but maybe that is … Continue reading
Just a brief post to say thanks to all who made #PhotoBookDay a huge success across the world with more events, discounts and musings than last year. Plus a shout out to all who came to the event in Coventry … Continue reading
It is #PhotoBookDay eve and all over the world people are preparing to celebrate with books tomorrow, in fact only hours away for the meetings in Australia. Remember to check out all the fantastic offers available at bookshops as well … Continue reading
To celebrate Photobook Day here in Coventry we will be hosted by the newly opened ‘Big Comfy Bookshop‘ at Fargo Village which ticks all sorts of boxes for a great meeting place – beer, coffee, cakes, books and sofas! A … Continue reading
This coming October 14th World #PhotoBookDay will be celebrated! This date is a direct homage to the first known photobook: Photographs of British algae. Cyanotype impressions, by Anna Atkins. As the exact publishing date is unknown, we have taken the date that appears … Continue reading