About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Category Archives: EVENTS
Great news from Mariela Sancari of the Photobook Club Mexico City… We had our first meeting a couple of days ago! It was really good! We still have to adjust some logistics details but it was great. We had Alex … Continue reading
Huddersfield Had a fantastic day at the University of Huddersfield with photography students this week, speaking about the photobook as a form of communication and giving some practical help to students working on books. Was great to see photobooks in … Continue reading
I am really excited to announce that the Photobook Club’s ‘Natural Collection’ which now includes over 40 books, will be heading to the Monash Gallery of Art in Australia to be displayed as part of the ‘Light Reading’ exhibition and … Continue reading
Thanks to Jim Reed for the following report and notice of next meeting’s activities (Dec 17). If you are in the vicinity – maybe Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham etc, this is a great location. Our meet on the 26th November, we looked … Continue reading
Thanks to the PBC Auckland’s organiser Anita Totha for sending through this report form a recent event along with some images… “Photobook Club Auckland held a great evening with the Asia-Pacific Photobook Archive. Founder Daniel Boetker-Smith paid us a visit … Continue reading
Thanks to Eneka Fernandez for sharing some thoughts after the first meeting of the Photobook Club Lima and also for sending through a few images… Hi Matt I want to tell you about our first Photobook Club Lima. It was … Continue reading
Jim Reed is the organiser of a new British branch of the Photobook Club that will meet around the M1 Junction 29 area – we wondered whether there should be a road theme to the meetings but maybe that is … Continue reading