About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Failed to update from Twitter!
- Jonathan_Worth: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- mjohnstonmedia: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- ImogenWall1: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- View All
Category Archives: EVENTS
Great to see the box of books in Victoria, BC with Duane Prentice and a group of engaged book lovers… Photography Lovers, The Photo Book Club Box of Books visit to Victoria was finally opened last night at the Bent … Continue reading
The box of books has arrived safely in Victoria after a long journey from Auckland, NZ. It will spend some time with Duane Prentice at a number of events in and around the island before heading off to the recently … Continue reading
It has been too long since I have run a Photobook Club session at the University in Coventry, last nights success enforced that thought. Books were spilling over as students from all three years got together to discuss books from … Continue reading
Great new from Sarah Greene of AO vertical Art Space… AO: The Photo Book Center is very excited to announce it’s first Photo Book Club meeting in Hong Kong! For the first gathering we will choose ‘portraiture’ as a theme. … Continue reading
Great news from the first established branch in Canada that you can find on Facebook here or on their blog here. We are three people working on this initiative: Jean-François Hamelin, Jo Schryer and Thomas Bouquin. We started our … Continue reading
Welcome to the Photobook Club Jakarta who are the 42nd branch to join and enjoy the photobook at regular meetings! The Club in Jakarta is managed by Ridzki Noviansyah and Tommy Armansyah and the meeting is held at every fourth … Continue reading
The Natural Collection call only went up around 2 weeks ago but already the books that have arrived are in demand and will be travelling with me to a book club event at the University of Hertfordshire. Students there are … Continue reading