About The Photobook ClubThe Photobook Club aims to promote and enable discussion surrounding the photo book format. In particular looking at old, rare and influential photography books from the 20th century onwards.
The Photobook Club is run by Matt Johnston.
- Follow the Photobook Club's 'Box of Books as it travels over 30,000 miles, stopping off at each of the Photobook Club branches around the world... Click above for the Facebook page or here for more information.
The Photobook Club Presents…
- Robert Frank, The Americans
- Richard Avedon, Observations
- Eugene Richards, Cocaine True, Cocaine Blue
- Larry Sultan, The Valley
- Anders Peterson, Cafe Lehmitz
- Ken Schles, Invisible City
- Nan Goldin, The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Nobuyoshi Araki, Sentimental Journey, Winter Journey
- Stephen Shore, Uncommon Places
- Sally Mann, Immediate Family
- Paul Graham, A1: The Great North Road
Failed to update from Twitter!
- Jonathan_Worth: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- mjohnstonmedia: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- ImogenWall1: RT @KateGreen28: Really missed out on an amazing #photobc today @mjohnstonmedia at Pronillo Enclave. Saw the first draft of a local's photo(box)! Amazing! »
- View All
Author Archives: admin
The box of dummies has arrived in Gibraltar for a meeting with the PBC Campo de Gibraltar. The event, which takes place tonight is happening as part of the ‘White Night of Photography’ event. Images to follow!
It has been too long since the last post here but house buying, summer breaks and the like have taken over a little. There have been some wonderful additions to the Photobook Club’s Natural Collection which you can view by … Continue reading
Over the last ten weeks or so, some of my students from Coventry University have been connected with Tom Griggs’ students in Medellin, Colombia. The image exchange was designed to connect locations, perspective and ideas between students on two continents … Continue reading
The Photographers Playbook, published by Aperture and edited by Jason Fulford and Gregory Halpern has just arrived on the doormat and I thought it worth a post. 306 assignments from well respected photographic educators, professionals and artists plus myself. The … Continue reading
A report from Walter Costa from the PBC TRAMA in Brazil… Here’s the post about our last session…. I’m sorry but it’s in Portuguese only! It was like a series of short duels between two teams attacking or defending the … Continue reading
So, after the box of dummies left Murcia, we have tomorrow the session of the Box in Valencia! Miriam Ortuño has made a video promo for the session… – Jorge Alamar
An open call for photobook dummies from our friends in Madrid… We are very happy to organize once again a special session we call cosecha 2014 (harvest 2014) in which we would like participants to share the dummies of the … Continue reading
The following is an interview with Andrew Piper, associate professor in the department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures at McGill University who has recently written ‘Book Was There’ – A presentation and discussion of current debates surrounding the book both … Continue reading